No products in the cart.
You do not need to register your kayak or canoe in New Jersey. But, there are a few locations that require a boat ramp maintenance permit or fishing license (see below).
New Jersey does not require you to register your kayak or canoe unless it has a motor. New Jersey also does not require a boat launch permit for your kayak or canoe. However, if you decide to paddle in Pennsylvania you are required to have a boat launch permit.
A boat license is not required for non-powered vessels.NJ MVC – View Source
There are a few locations that require you to purchase a $15 boat ramp maintenance permit or if you have a current fishing license that will work.
1. Round Valley Reservoir, Angler Access
2. Assunpink WMA, Assunpink Lake
3. Assunpink WMA, Stone Tavern Lake
4. Assunpink WMA, Rising Sun Lake
5. Dennis Creek WMA, Dennis Creek
6. Tuckahoe WMA, Tuckahoe River
7. Mad Horse Creek WMA, Mad Horse Creek
8. Union Lake WMA, Union Lake
9. Menantico Ponds WMA, Menantico Ponds
10. Prospertown Lake WMA, Prospertown Lake
You can find license agents on the NJ Fish and Wildlife website here.
When I went over to Round Valley Reservoir, my fishing license allowed me to park in the boat launch area. Smaller bodies of water like Weston Mills Pond don’t require permits.